Saturday, January 31, 2015

A Painting For A Life Well Lived

This is probably the best personally I have ever done.  So much love and so much effort went into this piece. I can truly say on this one I put everything I had to give into each brush stroke.

I decided to paint this picture of my grandfather and give it to him for his 90th birthday.  When I gave it to him, he was so proud.  I didn't do it for him to be proud of me.  I did it because I loved him and show him my love through my brush. But, to see his reaction I wouldn't exchange for all the money in the world. He loved my painting. However, I knew he loved me more. That day would be the last day I would see my grandpa this side of heaven.  He died a few short days later. But God in His loving mercy gave me a gift in return, a forever image of my grandfather permanently etched in my mind of that beautiful day.

Until we see each other again Grandpa!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment