Monday, December 17, 2012

Capernaum


I have been working on a special Christmas gift for my pastor and his wife.  It was really fun to do and full of wonderful symbolism.  Our pastor has been to the Holy Land 10 times and will be going again in 2 years.  He loves it there so much.  So, this is what I came up with....

The scripture in the background is from John 6. I copied the Bible passage...no actual bibles were harmed in the making of this piece of art.  

The red thread (which represents Christ through the Old and New Covenant) has olive oil from the Holy Land rubbed on it. Did you know certain oils never dry up?!  I learned that while researching it for the gift.  I thought that was pretty cool


The water color is done with water from the Jordan River and salt from the Dead Sea.

The drawing is a synagogue in Capernaum a special place that my pastor has been to. 
Hebrew words…Abba, Jesus, and Holy Spirit.
I picked out the frame because it reminded me of the cross.  

No comments:

Post a Comment